Insulated Vinyl Siding
“When new siding is to be installed, it is a good idea to consider adding thermal insulation under new siding.”
-U.S. Department of Energy and Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Fact Sheet 2008.
- EnergyWise Insulated Siding is designed to provide insulation and improve energy performance by adding an R-value of 5.1 significantly reducing the flow of heat through the walls .
- Has a solid back to prevent cracking
- It will help keep heat in during the winter, out during the summer, and money in the bank all year!
- EnergyWise Insulated Siding meets the Department of Energy’s insulation recommendations
Not all insulated siding meets Department of Energy (DOE) recommendations but we are pleased to offer the brands that do.
Standard Vinyl Siding
If you are a homeowner on a budget, or are not concerned with energy efficiency or sick home syndrome we offer most name brand standard hollow back vinyl siding with standard insulation / foam-backer.
But first, here are some things most homeowners don’t know:
Traditional Hollow Back Unsupported Siding:
- Standard Vinyl siding is hollow back, unsupported siding.
- It has a tendency to crack over time.
- Will chalk over time (excluded from most warranties)
- Traditional interlocking mechanism pulls apart due to gravity over time
- Can contribute to ‘Sick Home Syndrome” (Does not breathe)
- Doesn’t meet department of energy recommendations (R 1-3)
- Is combustible